Monday, March 1, 2010

A Lack of Materials Leaves This Olympic Hopeful Out in the Cold

Well, I would have finished knitting my lovely French Market Bag this weekend.  Even with my huge work commitments over the last week, I was making great progress and could have finished it on Friday.  Unfortunately, I ran out of yarn with about 2 inches left on the last handle.  Booo, Hisss.

Oh well, since I worked about 80 hours this last week, I've taken today off so as soon as my LYS opens this afternoon I will be there to buy another skien of Cascade 220 in a lovely shade of evergreen.  I'll finish the bag at the Knitting Nest and use their washer to felt it.  I am very excited!  I will post some before and after photos soon.

Also, while I am there I hope to sign up for a couple more classes.  My knitting guru, Staci, mentioned that she was going to offer a sweater class that I should take.  I am looking forward to making my very first sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment