Thursday, March 18, 2010

Holy Sock

I've made good progress on my first toe up sock.  The other day I finished heel of the sock and was ready for the final push for the finish line.  Then, to my horror, I found a hole in the sock about an inch before the heel.  What to do?  At first I continued knitting and I thought about going back and fixing it after I completed the sock, but the more I worked on the sock and thought about it, the more it bothered me.   RIP, rip...I carefully took out my needles and ripped back past the hole.  Then I carefully picked up those live stitches and voila, I am ready to get going again.

I'm not going to talk about how to rip back to a problem spot.  There are plenty of videos and instructions available on the web for that.  As a new knitter, I use to get a horrible feeling in my belly when I would drop a stitch or had some other problem that needed to be corrected, but I've noticed lately that I have confidently gone about solving these problems.  While I am not super excited about having to reknit those two or three inches of work, I glad that I have the confidence to try and fix problems in my work.

I am almost ready to start working on the heel one more time, and oh yes, here is a photo of my wonderful hubby with his new cigar glove!

Now I just have to finish the second glove!

No comments:

Post a Comment