Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kitty Kat Knitting

I have, happily, been a very productive, new knitter lately.  Last night I completed my first gig as a test knitter.  For those who are new to knitting, when a designer has a new pattern or has made significant changes to a pattern, they will often get a few people to test the pattern for them to give them some suggestions to improve the pattern or make it clearer.  I was drawn to the idea of this as soon as I heard about it and I joined a group called "Free Pattern Testers" on ravelry.com.  Not only do you get the pattern for free, but you get a little insight into the designing process.

Here is my Kitty Hat  by designer  Adrienne Enriquez. (ravelry links) I used Cascade 220 Camel for the body and scrap yarn for the face and ears.


This hat has already created a quite a stir amongst the crazy cat ladies in my life!  I will be making at least two more of these.  

If you a beginning knitter or just have never done any test knitting, I highly suggest giving it a try.  It is a good way to meet other knitters and expand your knitting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment