Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Knitterversary!

I became a knitter 6 months ago today.  I took the beginning knitting course at the Knitting Nest with Staci Perry and started my first project (ravelry link).  Looking back, I can't believe how much I've accomplished over these few months.

  • 17 projects of various sizes and skill levels completed.  Currently 5 WIPs.
  • I can't even count the number of classes I've taken.  Well, I probably could, but I'm too lazy to go back through my calendar.
  • I made my first sweater! (and developed a new addiction, I'm afraid!)
  • I can make socks.
  • I've learned if you make one French Market Bag, you will make many more.  All your friends and family will want one.
So this made me think about the future.  What do I want to explore in the next 6 months?

  • Designing - I have my first design in my head.  I just have to knit it and then write the pattern.  It is a very simple, silly something, but you have to start somewhere.
  • I'm signed up for a Beginning Lace class in June with Franklin Habit at the Knitting Nest.  This will be my first step into lace knitting.
  • I'm so excited about the Summer Sweater Club.  I'm signed up to make the Que Sera Sweater and I have the best yarn.
  • I suspect that both of these courses above will teach me to learn how to read a chart.  I haven't been able to wrap my head around that yet.
Whatever the future brings I am looking forward to it!  On top of this anniversary, I am celebrating being married to my hubby for 11 years!  It is a going to be a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kelly! You achieved a lot in 6 months, I'm impressed. But knowing how knitting is addictive I'm not so surpirsed. I look forward to seeing your first design. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete