Sunday, May 9, 2010

Catching Up

It has been a long time since my last post!  First, I had been waiting to finish my sweater, then I had a week-long conference to deal with.  Those conferences tend to suck the life out of me.  I did still find time to knit.

Anyway, my first sweater is complete, but lacking any buttons.  Tah-Dah...


I think some small silver buttons will look very nice!  Here is the obligatory headless sweater shot...


I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  It is very soft and I love the color.

I just finished by third French Market Bag for my MIL.  Now it is time to pull out the pink yarn for a new baby who will arrive in a few weeks.  I think a nice toddler tunic and baby booties will be just the ticket!

For myself, I think I am going to quickly knit up some French Press Slippers...so cute!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I'm so impressed!...I've seen a few of your pieces. This sweater is beauriful...Megan and I are going to start clases in september. A new knit shop and (classes) has just opened in our neighborhood and we are very excited about learning...You have intriged us!....Terry Satherlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Terry! I am so happy that I have inspired you and Megan to take some classes. That is the whole reason I started this blog...to encourage others to give it a try. Whenever someone sees me working on something and asks me about it, they never believe me when I tell them it really isn't that hard! Hopefully, I can get other involved. It is a great stress reliever and really leaves me with a sense of accomplishment when I see the progress I've made. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete