Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Clap on; Clap off

I finally finished my Clapotis! (Ravelry link) I think it turned out great!  It is definitely not perfect, but it doesn't bother me.  I will post some pictures soon.  I am just waiting for it to be sunny for just the right light!

I learned so much while working on this pattern and definitely got more confident in my knitting.  This is my first "BIG" project so I am pretty proud.  As my knitting mentor, Staci Perry, said, I am an "adventurous" knitter and so the name of this blog was born!

I started the Clapotis on November 29, 2009 and completed it on January 24, 2010.  Of course, I was interrupted by a few other small projects along the way which took me away from my shawl.  Including 3 finished projects, 2 pair of Fetching Fingerless Gloves and one Rat Race Scarf.  Also, during that time I finished one sock (the other one will be finished in a week or so).  So the time spent on the shawl wasn't too bad, but I am still a slow knitter.   I am working on that.

If anyone would like to add me to their friends on Ravelry, I am Fabfemme.  I am a big fan of Ravelry.  It has really been a great resource to this new knitter.  I am going to try to make this blog another resource for knitters, new and old alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment