Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yarn Cake!

What is a poor knitter to do when she has some lovely, squishy yarn that she needs to wind into a center pull ball without a yarn ball winder or swift?  She improvises!

Take one used toilet paper roll:


Cut a slit into one side and stick the end of your yarn through it:


Wrap your yarn around the toilet paper roll.  I sit in my comfy chaise with my knees up and put the skien of yarn around my knees in place of a swift..sorry no silly  pictures of that.


And, viola, you've got yourself a yarn cake.


It ain't pretty and it takes a bit longer than using a ball winder, but it does the job nicely!  No, I'm not the first person to figure this out, but I there are probably others out there that didn't know this little trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment