Monday, April 12, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I can't believe I haven't posted anything so far this month!  Time flies!  My real job has kept me jumping the last few weeks and the next few weeks will only bring more of the same.  That does not mean, however, that I have not had time to knit.


I took a class to make a neck down summer cardigan.  I love the yarn, Kathmandu Aran Queensland Collection (ravelry link)  in Petrol.  So soft and great to work with.  The pattern is really easy.  I got to the point where you split for the sleeves and then put it aside until the next class on Friday. 


Since then I have been working on my second French Market Bag.  I decided to make one for my mom for Mothers' Day.  I have made record time on this one.  I have one more handled to finish, many ends to weave in and then it will be ready to felt.  In plenty of time for Mothers' Day!  I mentioned that I was going to finish it in plenty of time for Mothers' Day to my wonderful hubby, who then said, "Maybe I could commission you to make one for my mom?"  Just when I thought I was getting caught up...  So I'll have to pick out some new colors for his mom and start working on it right away.


I can't believe I have been knitting for only 5 months now!  I'll be done with my first sweater before my 6 months anniversary. I'm signed up for another cardigan class this week and was very excited to hear about the Knitting Nest's idea for a Summer Sweater Team.  I've already picked out the sweater I want to make, Que Sera by Kristen Kapur of Through the Loops fame.  I picked out some wonderful yarn and just can't wait to get started.


I hope to have some pictures of my new projects up soon.  Every time I want to take pictures it is overcast outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment